The North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services (NCDHHS) has developed a COVID-19 vaccination rollout plan that sets the priority for groups individuals based on a number of factors, with risk of serious illness or death being primary. It is important to note that ALL North Carolinians are included in the distribution plan.
There are currently five (5) groups, with Groups 1 & 2 currently being vaccinated:
- Group 1: Healthcare workers & long-term care staff and residents
- Group 2: Those over age 65
- Group 3: Frontline essential workers
- Group 4: Other adults at risk of exposure and/or more severe illness
- Group 5: All other adults
COVID-19 vaccines have not yet been approved for use in children. If you are pregnant, please speak with your doctor about the vaccine.
NCDHHS does periodically update group priorities. To verify your current vaccination group, visit https://findmygroup.nc.gov/.