Help Combat the Spread of COVID-19
Here are some common-sense steps we can all take to help ourselves and each other stay healthy and slow the spread of COVID-19. The Guilford County Board of Health instituted an indoor mask mandate effective 8/13/21. #MaskUp to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are eligible to do so!
- #MaskUp. Wear a face covering in indoor public spaces (double-up for even better protection)
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Stay at least 6′ away from others (further if exercising)
- Stay home when you can – especially if you are sick
- Avoid crowds – shop during off hours, use curbside pickup, or have items delivered
- If you do meet as as group, keep the group small and meet outdoors, masked and social distanced
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, get tested
We encourage everyone to shop local, but do so cautiously. Most local business owners and managers are taking steps to keep their customers and employees safe.
- Have employees and customers mask up. It’s required indoors by a Board of Health Rule as of 8/13/21.
- Encourage employees to get the vaccine as soon as they are eligible.
- Require employees to wash hands frequently and provide hand sanitizer or handwashing facilities for customers
- If you don’t already, consider offering curbside or delivery service
- Keep groups small and meet outdoors when possible (masked and socially distanced)
- Ask employees who are sick to stay home (if they have COVID-19 symptoms, require a negative test before they return to work.
Let’s continue to work together for a Healthy Guilford!